- Tips to help you create the perfect home extension
- Local Building maintenance programme
- It's vital to choose the right maintenance experts and builders
- Tips on choosing the perfect property maintenance provider
- Choosing a building specialist for your domestic project
- The benefits of a property maintenance service
- Why is property maintenance important?
- Specialising in chimney sweeping
- Looking after commercial properties
- Add value to your home with an extension
- Our plumbing services
- The name to trust in the construction industry
- Builders need to be more conscious of energy efficiency
- Converting and renovating properties
- Our upholstery services
- Keeping tenants happy
- Choosing the right provider for your building services
- The name to trust in construction and maintenance
- Painting and decorating services for our clients
- Make planning easier by choosing a single tradesman provider
- Providing professionally finished tiling
- Quality specialists for your home project
- Creating your dream drive
- Comprehensive construction of new properties
- Making improvements to your driveway
- Spring is the perfect time to maintain your property
- Efficiently taking care of your investment properties
- Undergoing a garage conversion
- Trusted construction of your dream homes
- Keeping your rental property in pristine condition
- Managing construction waste
- Professional upkeep of properties for landlords
- Creating extra space in your property
- Scottish builders report confidence at peak levels
- Do you have concerns about hiring a tradesman?
- Cleaning your chimney with expert precision
- The benefits of our multi-tradesmen services
- Current challenges in the construction sector
- Worry free maintenance of your rental property
- Have your chimney cleaned with us
- Is your property well maintained?
- Roof repairs and installations to protect your property
- Ensure the upkeep of your hotel
- Make your garage into valuable extra space
- The traditions of using a trusted tradesman
- Supplying superior management for self build projects
- Fixing the damage caused by major storms
- Choosing the perfect material for your driveway
- Building your investment
- Keeping tenants safe with annual gas safety checks
- Don't rush when looking for a tradesman this winter
- Enabling efficiency through maintenance
- The considerable value of a clean chimney
- What kind of renovations do you need?
- Permitted building work in Stirling
- Be proactive to keep your tenants happy
- Have your commercial premises professionally painted
- Do I need planning permission to convert my garage?
- Protecting your roofing
- Are you maintaining properties effectively?
- Can my loft be converted?
- A comprehensive window service
- Providing world class hotel maintenance and repairs
- Transforming the garage to unlock new living space
- What type of driveway do you want?
- A talented building team you can rely on
- Is your loft worth converting?
- A comprehensive maintenance service
Spring is the perfect time to maintain your propertySpring is an important time of the year for property maintenance after a long winter of potentially adverse weather. There are several things you need to do to ensure the building is ready for the warmer conditions that are ahead. This is also the time to catch up on the jobs you have neglected due to the low temperatures outside. Here are five important things to include in your spring maintenance schedule.
1) Take care of the air conditioning
It's unlikely you'll have used this system over the winter so it will probably need cleaning and servicing to make sure it is in the best condition and will work when you need it. You should have the connections and controls checked, evaporator, condenser and blower cleaned and any other important work done.
2) Look after the water heater
Over the winter your water heater is likely to have been working overtime. With the arrival of spring it is the perfect time to flush the system to clear sediment, test the temperature and do other important maintenance. This will help to improve the efficiency and reduces the risk of flooding and other issues in the future.
3) Clean the guttering
Showers are very common in spring and put additional pressure on gutters. It is essential that you ensure they are clear of any obstacles so that this water can flow away freely. If you fail to have your gutters cleaned you can find that water is overflowing and leaking, leading to many potential problems. Whilst cleaning the guttering it is a good idea to check the condition and make sure there is no damage.
4) Inspect the roof
An annual roof check will help to protect your property from water ingress. Spring is possibly the best time for this after potentially harsh winters because that is when problems are most likely to have developed. You should have the entire roof surveyed, including checking flashings and the condition of shingles or tiles. If there are any signs of problems you'll need to consult a specialist right away.
5) Test smoke alarms
As part of your spring clean, it is essential to ensure all smoke alarms are in working order. This includes cleaning dust out of them to ensure they work properly and testing the batteries to make sure they are working. If you have alarms that are more than 10 years old consider replacing them with newer ones. Fire extinguishers should also be serviced.
These five things will help you to ensure your property it protected and will also save you money in the long term. If you would like to have a professional handle them for you, it is best to consult a local property maintenance provider. We specialise in property maintenance in Stirling and throughout the surrounding regions, and can offer a full range of services to cover all your needs.